Judge John Lawrence Smith Homestead
Judge John Lawrence Smith Homestead, ca. 1750
205 Middle Country Road
Originally built by the Blydenburghs, this structure was purchased by Judge Smith as his family home and office. As his health failed Court was moved from Riverhead and cases were tried in his personal chambers. Finished as it would have appeared during the Judge’s ownership, this house is currently used for school programs and educational events.