The Grand Opening of Kings Park National Bank, circa 1924
1 East Main Street, Kings Park
The Kings Park National Bank was one of five new banks to open in Suffolk County in 1924. The bank’s organization was initiated and overseen by its Chairman of the Board, prominent State Senator George L. Thompson (1864-1941), known locally as “Uncle George.” Today, the bank is long gone, and this building is occupied by McKnight Century 21 Realtors. A cupola with a clock sits atop the central façade and the portico/entry has been widened, but the building remains otherwise very similar in exterior appearance.